Monday, March 14, 2011

The bitter sweet of this world~

We had an amazing day at Liberty Baptist Church on Sunday, March 13th! It's official!!! Greg Estes is the pastor of LBC and our family is so very excited about what God has in store. We were blessed with an amazing time of worship through song with Karen Peck and New River Sunday evening and boy was it gooooood! Love the sweet spirit of this group! Soooo, needless to say, this day will mark the kick-off for the Estes family and LBC as we embrace the call God has placed upon our lives to serve the families in this church and those in the community looking for a church home.



While we are rejoicing in the blessings of God, a half a world away there is a massive region of Japan suffering the destructive effects of a record breaking earthquake and tsunami. My heart becomes heavy with burden as I continually follow updates of the devestation and view overwhelming sights from the pictures being shared on national television and the internet. I feel so helpless in anything I would personally have to offer these people so far away, although very near in my heart. As I pause for a moment in search of what I can do, there is only one answer that comes to my mind...PRAY!

Also, the theme verse of this blog came rushing into my mind. Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.


1 comment: