Wednesday, June 1, 2011

All we have is today~



These words have never rang more true to me than this week while I have been vacationing with my family in Key West. Monday afternoon, Memorial Day, we received news that my dear friend and his wife, Bill and Peggy Stephenson, were murdered in their Florence, KY home. I met Bill a few years ago at the KBC Evangelism Conference in Bowling Green, KY. He and I became friends over the last few years and he literally invested his time, prayers, and life into my personal journey with Jesus. In fact, Bill had just called me on May 6th to check in with me and find out how things were going with me and Greg. I still have his voicemail and can't help but giggle out loud when I listen to his message. Bill was certainly a character and such a joy and blessing to talk with. I have often counted it such a blessing for me to have someone that I can call when I am struggling and just need an ear to listen and then give me that nudge of encouragement. Oh how I will miss this from Bill.

I pray that God is glorified in every way possible through this horrible tragedy. I know Satan is out to steal, kill, and destroy, but greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. That's what Bill would tell me.

Lord, please help the authorities find the killer and bring justice in this case. Comfort the family as only you can. Help me remember that all we have is today. I don't want to live in fear because of that, but to live in action because tomorrow may be too late for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment