Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sometimes we just need a big ol' splash of Jesus!


Ahhh...and how refreshing it is my sweet friends!

I am reminded of Proverbs 11:25



A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Monday evening I was in Detroit awaiting my connecting flight to La Crosse, WI. I was seated in 2c of the plane and when I boarded there was a lady in seat 1c that looked up and said, "I think I know you". I was so caught off guard initially, I cannot recall if she asked if my name was Kelli or if I was a nurse, but then she asked if I was spiritual?

I replied with a cautious smile and somewhat of a giggle and said Yeah:) The words gushed from her lips, "You changed my life two years ago!" This got my attention!!!

I took my seat behind her and as we continued to recall the past it all came back to me. I worked in La Crosse exactly two years ago and had met Shelly on a late night flight into La Crosse where we became fast flight friends. We talked and shared various things about our lives and I shared what all Jesus was doing in my life!

Who knew...but a Holy God in complete control of all things?

Two years ago at that very moment in time, God was working in Shelly's life and He allowed me to be a part of His work by just simply sharing from my heart about His precious son, Jesus!

The really neat part to all of this... I was in such need for a big ol' splash of Jesus to refresh me on Monday evening and He appointed Shelly to do just that! It isn't often that you get to see how your life may have impacted another soul on this earth especially those that you meet flying around the country...I mean really...what are the chances? That is why this experience is so super amazing and just oozes with God's mighty presence!

I'll say it again! Jesus is alive and dwells within the hearts of His people!

Needless to say, I was so filled and refreshed I could hardly sleep. All I wanted to do was pray and talk to God about this exciting blessing He has given to me. I have this new sister in Christ in La Crosse, WI that I am forever thankful to God for placing into my life!

I am once again reminded of just how very good God is to me! Thank you Jesus...thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment