Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Currently reading...



For Love's Sake was written by a former Campbellsville University student, Jessica J. Davis. This book challenges me to walk deeper into nothingness with Jesus! I may not see the next step, but thank God He does! If you know the one who can see the next step then you can trust Him enough to just go...whatever that may look like. Jessica creatively reminds me of just how much Jesus desires us to be a part of what He is doing throughout our world and in our own backdoor. He wants us to be actively involved in bringing heaven to earth and there is absolutely nothing I can do to make that happen...only the power of the Holy Spirit flowing through me can move a mountain! My heart wants to move with the ebb and flow of the Holy Spirit, but I have to be constantly reminded and taught that without the Spirit I can do nothing. Repeatedly, God allowed Jessica to be in helpless situations that only He could bring the answer. I am constantly being driven deeper into situations that require my total dependance on God and sometimes I take that step of faith and sometimes I hold back. How are you doing with taking those steps of faith? Are you wresting with obedience to the Lord's call upon your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment